Dispute Management Unit
Functions of Dispute Management Unit:
- The Dispute Management Unit(DMU)formerly known as the crime unit is a composite of investigation unit Duty office Exhibit Room&Suspect-Squad.
- Investigation of Cases
- Settlement of disputes among staff and students.
- Issuance of Gate-passes
- Prosecution of offenders either through the Nigeria police or the University management through various committees like student advisory commit ties on discipline, staff Disciplinary committee ,E.T.C.
- Submission of official report to the management on cases for further necessary action.
- keeping custody of departmental office-keys
- Custody of apprehended stray Animals.
- Custody of departmental vehicles
- Custody of Suspects
- As the name implies, all exhibits inform of lost but formed, safe-keeping items are kept and maintenance by the exhibit keeper/store office of the Division.
- this is an undercover operation that initiates proactive investigation as deemed necessary. It is both proactive and reactive in its operations
Function OF these sub-unit as Mentioned above are as follows:
Activities of the component sections of the DMU are Coordinated and Supervised by the officer in-charge/Dispute management unit.